Update: Here are two more (juicy) Republican-centered rumors. Keep them coming at connecticutrumors at gmail dot com.
Sen. John Kissel will be appointed a judge or commissioner of public utilities bringing on a special election in the 7th. The rumor has been going around since mid-summer and the possible candidates would include George Colli and a certain Democratic State Rep. out of Enfield who worked not so silently against Colli allowing her to the opportunity to seek the office without risking her seat in the State House.
Senate Republicans are full of 2010 candidates–
1) John McKinney (R-Fairfield) may not run for Shay’s seat, and is instead considering a Senate run against Dodd.
2) Watch Scott Frantz (R-Greenwich)– he may be the “Ned Lamont” of the Republicans. Can self-finance a campaign for Senate or Congress.
3) Dan Debicella (R-Shelton) is considering a run for Treasurer or other constitutional office.
4) Len Fasano (R-North Haven) is considering a run for Third Congressional (if DeLauro is not running)
5) Sam Caligiuri (R-Waterbury) is considering a run for Fifth Congressional seat against Murphy
That’s like 50% of the Senate Republicans looking at higher offices!
Has anyone else noticed the increase in rumors flying around? It’s like political junkies, with no actual election to talk about, are making up fantasy elections to talk about. To which I say, cool. Below are the whispers that I am hearing, utterly without reliable sourcing or, really, credibility. Please feel free to add your own in the comments (remember, this thread is for what you are hearing, not what you wish would happen). I know insiders read this blog – if you have rumors you want to pass along, email us at connecticutrumors at gmail dot com – I will post them without judgment, without name, and without color of credibility. I expect these will be totally contradictory (they already are!) and lots of fun…
Here is what I’m hearing:
Blumenthal will run for Governor and Nancy Wyman will run as his Lt. Governor. That will clear the way for Amman to gracefully exit the Governor’s race and run for Comptroller.
Blumenthal will not run for anything – not for Senate, not for Governor, not for A.G. Nothing.
This one may be obvious, given the below, but… Jodi Rell will face a serious primary challenge from the right.
And the tips are flowing in (anonymously) already:
Blumenthal and Lamont have a deal where one will run for Governor and the other will run for Senate. No word on which will run for which, or what Senate seat exactly.
This one seems almost silly (is there even a farm in the 3rd?), but I’ve heard it and then someone sent it in…
Rosa to be named Ag Secretary.