I was hoping to have a comprehensive post up on Courtney’s town hall in Woodstock last night, but the weather is too darn nice and I’m too darn spent from a long week. I’ll have it up tomorrow, by which point it’ll be old news! Instead, just thought I’d touch on a couple of things:
- The room seemed pretty evenly split, with each side of the issue seeming more raucous than the other at varying times. One thing seemed clear, and Congressman Courtney also said something along these lines, at least in Eastern Connecticut there did not seem to be anything particularly conspiratorial about opposition to the bill. Congressman Courtney was allowed to speak his piece, and people were allowed to ask complete questions. That didn’t stop some from saying things that were pretty utterly incorrect though. More tomorrow.
- It certainly seemed to run a bit more orderly than Congressman Murphy’s (Warning: Video has NSFW language.) Video h/t to ctblogger
- Reactions are coming in on the Senate Ethics Committee’s decision not to investigate Dodd. DiNardo’s statement exclaims, “the bipartisan Senate Ethics Committee announced what we all knew to be true: there is and never was any credible evidence to suggest that Chris Dodd ever violated any ethics rules concerning his mortgages.” Haven’t been able to find anything from Healy yet. I will update if a statement gets brought to my attention in the comments.
- Frequent commenter tparty has a shot at a new BlackBerry Curve if he can pull off a win in the NetrootsNation Best Local Blogger contest. Even if you disagree with tparty, I think you should still text “state tparty” to 27336 for two reasons. 1. CT pride! and 2. That phone is really neat.
- The Schiffbomb has schiffed a pretty respectable amount of money today. Has anyone schiffed the final numbers yet? Edit: Apparently over $700,000 raised today.
What’s the scuttlebutt?